Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hair and there, and everywhere (I love my little puns)

I have been SO busy with preparing for school, home improvements, summer vacations, etc. Those arent things that take up my actual blogging time..but they do suck the energy out of me, along with any motivation I have left. So then, at night, instead of blogging...I Facebook. Because FB stalking requires far less brain power, than blogging. ANYWAY...lets get updated here, so I can go to bed!

I picked my school! Regency Beauty Institute, Sept 13th, I'm there! I wont get into the details of how I made up my mind..because its long and probably boring. But they have an awesome salon floor, a promising curriculum, great student rewards, and awesome services and incentives for guests. And to make going there even more exciting, I have found a girl through their FB group, who is starting the same day I am, at the same location! She is really awesome, and we have so much in common! Makes "the first day" not as scary!! We are already getting some self-promotion going on with photoshoots and business cards and much more. I have school supplies and school clothes (dresscode is black white and gray) to buy and that makes me excited! Really, any excuse to go shopping makes me excited:) Especially if I get a new wardrobe out of it! So anyway, I have alot more going on that I'd like to share...but preferrably when I am not drugged. (Did I not mention that part? I pulled a neck muscle and Vicodin is now my best friend) I have a photoshoot coming up in a week (myself and the girl mentioned earlier are doing hair and makeup, different themes and looks, on a few different girls..for our portfolios and other advertising) and I will be posting some of those pics on here! So stay with me..things WILL get interesting!

Makeup tip: If youre going to line your lips with liner and fill in with lipstick, it is my personal opinion that you line with a nude liner as opposed to one that matches your lipstick. This is because lipstick wears off faster than lipliner..leaving you with obviously lined lips (especially if you chose a bold color). If you choose a nude color, you will still get the effect of full lips but without the "ring around the mouth". Oh and while were on the subject, after applying lipcolor, stick your (clean) finger in your mouth between your lips, and then pull it out. This will get any color on the inside of your lips to come off on your finger, not your teeth.

2 comments:

  1. W00t!
    Buy a lot of black. I bought both black and white clothes, and even though I'm ridiculously careful with color and lightener, I don't wear white anymore. haha

    ReplyDelete